Business Administration: Design Assistant
Aspen & Ivy is a successful and evolving Interior Design brand chosen to renovate and design some of the most luxurious residential and commercial properties. Offering a unique combination of services including full Interior design, renovation, staging and retail furniture/art & décor shop serving clients in the Simcoe County & Cottage Country.
We have an immediate opening to invite a full time Design Assistant looking to join forces with a growing brand. Working approx 40hrs/wk (Mon - Fri), possessing ethical behaviour to accurately handle confidential information. The candidate must be reliable with meticulous and efficient attention to detail that can be counted on to follow through on time sensitive matters. Self-motivated, adapting easily to the changing needs of a rapidly growing company. A good sense of humor is welcome!
We're looking for someone who is organized with a high follow through and someone who has a keen eye for detail. Your customer service skills should be top notch and you should thrive on working with a variety of people.
If the idea of managing multiple projects with multiple deadlines excites you, and doesn't scare you, and you are able to shift directions easily throughout the day you might be the one we are looking for.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Preparation of all documents/databases required for interior design construction and décor
- Assist design team in obtaining prices, samples, etc. for design projects.
- Front line calls/scheduling with clients, vendors and trades on behalf of the design team
- Production of quotes and purchase orders
- Management of sample and literature library
- Coordinate meetings with sales reps for design team
- Pick-up and delivery of items as required
- Maintain project lists/databases
- Coordination of logistics for purchases and furnishing installations
- Receiving inventory and client purchases
- Occasional retail sales
- Customer service experience is a must
- Hardworking, pro-active and motivated self-starter
- Resourceful, solutions driven with strong problem-solving skills
- Well developed communication skills; experienced with different personality types
- Highly accountable; exceptional with details and deadlines
- Dedicated to teamwork
- Ability to prioritize work and multitask
- Impeccably presented and professional
- Upbeat and positive
- Ability to lift 20lbs
- Diploma or certificate in business administration or a relevant field
- 3-5 years working experience in a relevant position
- Exceptional knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Exceptional computer skills
- Valid Ontario drivers license and vehicle
- Precise administrative skills
- Added asset - sales experience, bookkeeping
Compensation will be commensurate with qualifications, relevant experience and formal education.
Those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Please email your resume to: