Bookkeeper - Full Time
Aspen & Ivy is a successful and evolving Interior Design brand chosen to renovate and design some of the most luxurious residential and commercial properties. Offering a unique combination of services including full interior design, renovation, staging and retiail furniture/art & decor shop serving clients in the Simcoe County & Cottage Country.
We have an immediate opening to invite a full time bookkeeping dynamo looking to join forces with a growing brand. Working approx. 40hrs/wk (Mon-Fri), processing ethical behaviour to accurately handle confidential information. The candidate must be reliable with meticulous and efficient attention to detail that can be counted on to follow through on time sensitive matters. Self-motivated with the ability to work independently while staying in touch with the team, adapting easily to the changing needs of a rapidly growing company. A good sense of humor is welcome!
We're looking for someone who is creative, but also good with numbers and someone who has a keen eye for detail. Your customer service skills should be top notch and you should thrive in working with a variety of people.
Strong experience with Excel is a must please! Sales and marketing experience? That's a plus!! If the idea of managing multiple projects with multiple deadlines excites you, and doesn't scare you, and you are able to shift directions easily throughout the day you might be the one we are looking for.
Job duties include, but are not limited to, working with bookkeeping and AP/AR, contracts, orders, direct sales, market research, scheduling.
Please note in addition to all the professional duties, the ideal candidate will be willing to pitch in with other tasks such as running errands, upkeep of the showroom and assistance to the team where needed.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Experience with QuickBooks accounting is required
- Full cycle bookkeeping, AP & AR
- Payroll processing & expenses
- Reconciliation of accounts
- Organize all corporate files
- Manage Insurance including WSIB
- Gmail/Google Apps, Excel and Word are well pithing your comfort zone
- Generate reports and input data using spreadsheets and financial software
- Coordinate all year-end requirements
- Preparing the accounts for the external accountant
- Work closely with inventory and receiving
- Maintain good communication generating reports for Retail Sales & Marketing
- Communication with suppliers & vendors
- Continually seek opportunities for economy and efficiency
- Fantastic problem-solving skills
- General office organization and maintenance (ordering supplies, light cleaning, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned
- Customer service experience is an asset
- Well developed communication skills
- Ability to prioritize work and multitask
- Ability to lift 20lbs
- College diploma or Certificate in Accounting
- Min. 5 years of experience in bookkeeping & payroll
Compensation will be commensurate with qualifications, relevant experience and formal education.
Those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please email your resume to: